TUID Operates the Garfield County Landfill for the Garfield County Public Works Deparment. The landfill is located approximately 6 miles south of the town of Ticaboo just west of Utah State Highway 276 (map provided below).
- Latitude: 37.618298°
- Longitude: -110.733530°
The landfill is a municipal waste disposal operation.
- No tires, hazardous materials/waste, or anything that is wet (e.g. batteries, oils, paints, etc.) may be disposed of in the landfill.
- Engines and engine blocks must be drained and dry before disposal.
- Refrigerant must be properly evacuated from appliances before disposal.
- Metal must be seperated from municipal waste and delivered to the metal pile.
Bulk deliveries of intact boats, motor homes, trailers (e.g. boat, RV, utility, box, etc), mobile homes, or other licensed and/or titled items must have a title before disposal in the landfill unless they are demolished and delivered via dump truck or waste container. For more information contact the Garfield County Public Works Department by calling 435-676-1101.
The Garfield County landfill is free to use for all residents of Garfield County (residency is verified by driver's license). Patrons of the landfill who are not Garfield County residents, or for bulk deliveries, should contact the Garfield County Public Works Department by calling 435-676-1101 for pricing and payment information.
- Payment is NOT accepted by the operators of the Garfield County Landfill.
- Proof of payment and written permission from Garfield County Public Works Department to dispose waste at the landfill by non-residents or bulk deliveries must be provided at the time of delivery.
Operating Hours - May 1st through September 30th
|09:30 AM to 12:00 PM||09:30 AM to 12:00 PM||09:30 AM to 12:00 PM|
Operating Hours - October 1st through April 30th
|10:30 AM to 12:00 PM||10:30 AM to 12:00 PM|
The landfill is closed on, and observes, the following state and federal holiday's:
|New Years Day||Martin Luther King Day||President's Day|
|Memorial Day||Independence Day||Pioneer Day|
|Labor Day||Columbus Day||Veteran's Day|